How does BIM help Architects and Contractors?
Every industry involves chances of risk and responsibilities, but the Construction industry is the ones who are engaged in higher-stakes of risk that may include loss of human life. Taking Safety measures is a major priority for the construction industry. So by using BIM Services, it can help Architects, Engineers, and contractors reduce these risks in an efficient manner than conventional processes.
What is BIM?
At present, BIM (Building Information Modeling) is quite a buzzword for the construction industry. It is a procedure that links all the necessary part of the design and construction process. BIM helps in a thorough understanding of the projects to make a correct decision afterward.
Who are Architects and Contractors and How BIM can help them?
Architects are those people who are involved in designing any building or other structures that might be private or public. They manage the Architectural Construction Drawing Services which includes its ecstatic value, functionality, safety measures, economical that must suit the need of people residing in it.
BIM qualifies the architects to focus on their creative task. Rather than drawing, BIM means creating a building model by placing fascinated objects that contains all relevant information in a 3D modeling environment.
A contractor oversees the construction site and is the central mode of communication and coordination for others involved during the project. They are responsible for providing the necessary equipment, material, labor, and services to complete the project.
By using BIM Modeling it helps to bring coordination and collaboration in the domain of architectural, structural and MEP has helped contractors to avoid rework and saves time and costs incurred. Any contractors like HVAC, Mechanical or plumbing, BIM enables them into construction process to access designs and information on process and materials collaborate on the project. It helps them to make accurate building designs and operate it in a better way directed. Contractors benefit a lot from BIM technology.
Benefits of BIM for Architects and Contractors:-
- For Architects, it is easier to make their clients and contractors understand the design from scratch to finish. The modification can be easily created and recognized by them. Clash Detection and Resolution can be carried out in the model itself.
- It is less time-consuming and economical for the architects that might have spent time on coordination, processes etc.
- BIM gives a digital representation of any structure that has made work for architects better that helps them to communicate their designs well and make minimized errors in complying information.
- For Contractors, Their work got more effective due to amounts of data and level of details provided by the 3D Models. It helps them to enter their information in terms of product information and job site activities under Common Data Environment (CDE).
- In case of any queries, Contractors can enter Request for information form directly in the model for architects to rectify errors before construction work begins.
- BIM benefits the most for the contractors in providing accurate digital representation for validating cost estimates and risk evaluation.
The future hold of using BIM would be enhanced more and more by Architects, Engineers, and designers when they would start grappling the benefits for those clients who require information in a compatible format. Collaboratively working is an essential part of BIM. Teamwork is enhanced by using BIM for Architects and Contractors. BIM helps them to provide a higher level of detail so detect clashes, cost estimates, and make schedules more accurate.
Leave a Reply