9 Reasons to Use Revit in the Design, Construction, Renovation and Maintenance of Buildings
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is set to be the next major advancement in architecture industry in the 21st century, and Revit supplies oxygen to this wonderful innovation. There are a various number of reasons behind the increasing acceptance of Revit software in the architecture industry. BIM Modeling software, especially, Revit has become a domestic expression in the AEC community since 2002. Combining BIM process with three-dimensional modeling, Revit has changed the way the architecture designs were created, drafted and modeled.
There are many BIM software available in the market with various software vendors. Autodesk’s Revit suite has the highest market share in the pie of BIM industry, which speaks volumes about its acceptance and popularity with the Architects. The reasons for its acceptance across AEC industry are:
- Aides Quick Decision-making: Revit Parametric modeling is a tool that helps develop a conceptual design. With the help of Revit software, architects can sketch a rough layout of the floor plan, or implement changes to the standard set of building designs with a considerable amount of saving in time and instantly let their customers preview their future homes. 3D design views enable architects to try out various design ideas and make a decision at an early stage i.e. the design stage itself.
- Elimination of Repetitive Task: Throughout the design phase, the building structure and floor plans needed to be modified frequently. With Revit BIM software, architecture designing and drafting becomes very fast and accurate. In Revit architecture model, all building components are intelligently linked to each another. Whenever a change is made to the model, the software automatically updates every related component, affecting the whole building model.
- Creation and Use of Parametric Revit Families Library: Revit software comes with a complete set of parametric building design components. Changes to the existing components can be made quickly in Revit. Additionally, it allows the user to create and store newly created or customized Revit families so that they can be used for other projects.
- Simplify Design Process: Revit architecture enables architects to easily identify the clashes and areas of congestion, and resolve them early in the process through the creation of a BIM model.
- Estimation of Bill of Quantities: One of the most imperative returns of Building Information Modeling software is the regular generation of bill of quantities. BIM modeling software like Revit brings into being precise material quantity takeouts as a by-product, with much less effort. This improvement helps the contractors and owners to determine if the projects hold fast to budgets.
- Enhanced Coordination: Revit thus amalgamates blueprint, drafting, creation and facility management processes in a unified environment, enabling each and every stakeholder to stay updated of the process, and thus improving on the whole coordination. An overall understanding on the project of what’s happening removes the design conflict and risks.
- Flexibility: In contrast to AutoCAD, Revit enables all project data to be stocked up in a single project file. It permits more than a single user to be able to work on the same project file and merge their changes with every save. Besides, Revit exports and imports several files.
- Facilitates demolition and renovation jobs: Current breakthroughs in Laser Scanning and Point Cloud technology have facilitated the procedure to go “digital” and create the “As-built” scenario in 3D. Revit now ropes in Point Cloud data, so it can be traded in into Revit and used as a “3D background” to create a 3D model in Revit of the obtainable facility. Revit also uses “Phases” to differentiate between existing, demolished and new construction automatically.
- Coordination between different trades: Revit can also hold structural and MEP designs services along with architectural file with ease. Home building companies now realize the need for effective and advanced software to address the requirements of clients and are recognizing Revit as a tool that allows this.
The list of BIM advantages extensively increases by the day. It is known that BIM approach is significantly more resourceful than the conventional drafting-based advancement. Noteworthy numbers of Architecture design and drafting company are realizing the importance of implementation of BIM software.
Leave a Reply